Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Bipartisan Prayer for Unity


          This has been a difficult year for our country because of this election. We are divided, it feels, like never before. Neither side understands the other. That is nothing new, but it seems like we are voting against a candidate and ideology rather than for a candidate. Maybe that’s the way it has always been – I don’t know. One thing is for certain: There will be winners and losers on November 9, causing far too many Americans some major stress and a horrible disappointment. I fear it will be me. Some are already majorly stressed and disappointed. So much so that they will refrain from voting this year because neither choice is acceptable to them. For these people, all hope is already lost. This election has been unpredictable throughout the process. Although I want to think my candidate will be victorious, I fear my internal reaction if this is not the case. I see myself spiraling downward into a depression with more fears arising within me, for our country and the world. If my candidate becomes the next president, I will feel great relief, but a part of me will still ache for my friends and family whose candidate will not be president. I know they will feel just as scared and depressed as I would. It is for this reason that I have written this prayer. No matter who wins this election, we all will need to heal and unite. We cannot keep going down this divided road. I offer this prayer to God, for myself and for those I love, regardless of who becomes our next president, so that we can move forward together in Love.


Our Dearest Beloved,

Help us to surrender our hearts to Your will, whatever the outcome of this election may be. Help us to remember that Your will has been done, even though we may not understand the reason. It will be a challenge for many of us to accept this outcome, Dear Lord, but please help us to accept it; for with acceptance comes the loving warmth of Your peace.

Help us to heal our hearts towards these two candidates and towards each other. Help us to forgive the pain we have caused each other over this election. Help us to be kind to each other moving forward. Help us to remember that we love one another. 

Help us to understand our fears and to overcome them so that we may know 

ALL WILL BE OKAY

Help us to remember that You are in charge.


Help us to know ourselves as You know us. Show us our errors in thinking and belief so that we may be humble in making the most loving choices, moving forward, through You rather than through our egos. Help us to remember that when we align with You and Your Love, Your power gives us the strength to move mountains.

Help us to define ourselves rather than defining each other, Dear God. In doing so, may we gain insight into things we do not understand and to see the beauty in each other’s hearts. Help us to remember that people with whom we disagree are not stupid or evil and that they are more than their political beliefs; they are Americans, flawed and imperfect, but fully connected to You.

When we forget these things, help us to see one another and our new president as You see us - not as caricatures, but as Your beloved. Remind us that we all want the same things - ultimately - a peaceful, loving America and a peaceful, loving world; we want to prosper and we want security. 

And finally, help us work together to find solutions and compromises to benefit all of Your children. 

Please help us to achieve these goals, Oh Lord!

We thank you, Dear God, for Your help and for watching over us in our times of turmoil. We thank you for the lessons we learn and for the opening of our hearts and minds. We thank you for the times of prosperity and joy. Our human words can never express our gratitude for Your creation. Let us simply show our gratitude by loving You and each other as we serve Your will. 

Hear our prayer, Dearest Beloved, in the name of everlasting Peace and Freedom,
Amen


I have a Facebook page called Love Button Worthy! It features photos, blogs, quotes, and other content full of positivity and inspiration. Click here to check it out. Please like the page if it suits you and don’t forget to invite your friends to like it, too.  


Click here for books I love. I hope this blog helps you to create a more peaceful life. Keep in touch by the following methods: Use the links under the archive menu to subscribe or follow by e-mail. Help me get this message out by sharing it with your friends on social media! If you enjoyed it and were helped by it, they will, too! Comment by using the comment link below or write to me with your comments and questions at mindchange4all@gmail.com  I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment