Monday, April 11, 2016

Rob Bell and Richard Rohr

I’ve done some posts on religion several times and you may be wondering how religion relates to lessons I have learned from my child with disabilities. The interview I am posting today will help you understand that relationship. Maybe you’re tired of reading about religion here in this blog, or you’re tired of it in general. Maybe you like these posts and want more. Maybe this election season has you fired up about religion as you see a chance to take this country back from those who you feel have damaged it. Maybe you are dumbfounded by religion because of what is happening in politics and you don’t understand how the religious right can see the world the way they see it. Whatever you feel about religion – one way or the other – whether you believe in God or not, you will get something from this interview.

My wounds as the mother of a child with disabilities, your wounds from whatever has happened to you in your life, the way we understand God, Jesus, and religion, the political climate we find ourselves in right now, and the ways in which science and art play a role in religion are all covered in this mind blowing interview I am sharing with you today. Rob Bell has done an extraordinary interview with Franciscan priest and author of many books on religion, Richard Rohr. It is one hour and twenty-six minutes… I want to say long, but the time will fly by so fast as you listen that I must say one hour and twenty-six minutes short. Sit back with a cup of your favorite drink, maybe grab a snack, or do as I do and listen to it while you put laundry away, clean around the house, or drive to a fro in your car. You can get this interview and more from his website RobBell.com or get a free app for your device and listen to podcasts on your device, but whatever method you choose, your mind will be blown, I guarantee it. 

Click below to enjoy, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment